Friday, August 21, 2009

Snakes on a Plane!

McMinneville has been growing on me for its vast countrywide landscapes. The city is a constant reminder of the hometown I grew up in and have regrettably abandoned. The first time driving to my site, I saw an enormous plane sitting right next to the road. Awestruck in amazement, I frantically looked for my camera. ....Oh, it's a museum, the Evergreen Aviation and Space Museum. I needed to visit this place before my rotation ends.

Their Mission:
To inspire and educate, to promote and preserve aviation and space history and to honor the patrioritic service of our veterans

My Mission:
To feel like a child again ... (with the help of Kai and Tristan)

Wright 1903 Flyer replica | How fast does it go? A whoppin 27 mph
Unidentified plane in front of the museum
Marge | Nowadays, it's hard to picture any ladies being worshipped as freely as this

Taking it in | Taking a breather General shot of the facilities
Tristan | He propels throughout the day
Kai infront of the Granville Brothers Aircraft E Sportster | Why so serious?
Douglas C-47/DC-3 "Dakota" or "Gooney Bird"
Feeling free and revitalizied | Yes there's a playground
Nasa playset | Walking up to the top of tower, it WAS that tall
Lockheed WC-130E "Hercules" | What brought me to the museum in the first place







No comments:

Post a Comment